Tue, May 03|
The Unique Challenges of the Non Family Executive
How do you advise a group of owners with a multi- generational vision? And, how do you foster a fair, team- based environment when one of your employees is an heir to the business? Join us for a lively discussion on the unique challenges of the non-family executive.
Time & Location
May 03, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CDT
About the event
Non-family executives (NFE) face unique issues that don’t exist in public or private equity owned businesses:
- Families as an ownership group have a distinct vision, mission, and approach to the governance and management of their businesses that influences their financial and operational strategies.
- The involvement of family members and the influence of family dynamics on the organizational structure creates a landscape where executive interaction and decision making is not consistent with what an executive would encounter in a strictly profit based and/or hierarchical structure.
The role of the Non-Family Executive—part fiduciary, part confidant— requires tactful decision making and leadership, yet there is rarely room in family businesses for dialogue when the needs of the business are at odds with the needs of the family.
There are millions of family businesses in the United States. And, while each family business has a unique story, legacy, culture and place in the economy, the Non-Family Executives face unique but common challenges.
Please join us on May 3rd2022 at 4:00pm for a targeted and conversation that dives into the unique role of the non-family executive.
- This event is limited to non-family executives that are currently employed by a family owned enterprise.
- Participants agree to confidential environment governed by the Chatham House Rules: "Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed."
- Event is limited to 30 guests.
NFE Event Ticket$0.00